Terms and conditions
The health and safety of our visitors and staff remains our top priority. We ask that all our visitors familiarise themselves with the latest Government advice and follow these measures:
- All visitors are required to wear face coverings in any buildings or enclosed spaces, unless they are exempt under Government guidance
- Wash hands more frequently for at least 20 seconds
- Maintain social distancing of at least 2 metres from people outside of your household
To help keep our visitors and staff safe and maintain social distancing the following measures have been implemented:
- Separate entry and exit points to the garden
- Screens at welcome desks and checkouts
- Hand sanitiser available to staff and visitors at strategic points
- Card transactions only – no cash payments please
- Toilets available at the garden entrance and in the garden
To maintain accessibility for all our visitors we have:
- Please note: If you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms associated with Coronavirus (Covid-19) do not come to the garden.
Visitors are asked to display their booking confirmation and valid Friends or residents passes on arrival at the garden. You will not be allowed entry to the garden without confirmation of your booking
- How to cancel your booking
If you can’t make your pre-booked slot, please try to cancel it so that someone else can enjoy a visit. To cancel your booking, please go to our website and remember your booking reference.
Wednesday to Sunday 10am till 4pm last entry. Gates close at 5pm
Adults – *£9.00 inc. Gift Aid £8.00 exc. Gift aid
Children under 16 – free entry
Valid Friends and residents pass holders – free entry
RHS members – free entry on Wednesdays
* Helmsley Walled Garden relies upon the generosity of its visitors to fund its charitable work. The price marked * above include an additional 10% donation towards our charitable work, and enable us to claim Gift Aid on your admission.
One carer or companion is admitted free of charge per wheelchair user, visually impaired visitor or another person whose disability necessitates a carer.
Accessibility at the garden
We want to give as many people as possible the opportunity to enjoy Helmsley Walled Garden. For a complete guide on what to expect before you arrive, when you arrive and during your visit, please see our detailed guide.
Guides and maps
Download our garden map here.
We do not allow either personal or unauthorised commercial drone usage in the garden. Commercial drone operators with suitable training and licences from the Civil Aviation Authority may operate drones in the garden with the permission of the marketing and communications manager.
Dogs in the garden
Dogs are welcome in all parts of the garden.
There are many benches around the garden to sit and enjoy the view. All paths are flat and there are no steps
Toys such as scooters or balls are not permitted in the garden.
We operate a no-smoking policy, inclusive of e-cigarettes throughout all areas of the garden.
By helping to care for the garden and connect people with the benefits of gardening your support will make a difference every day. We are a charity and your support is enormously important to us.
Become a Friend and help us do more join today