The Garden is open Wednesday to Sunday, from March to December
Helmsley Walled Garden, the Vine House Café and our garden shop are open every Wednesday to Sunday 10am until last entry at 4pm (gates close at 5pm).
We will be open on Bank Holiday Monday 30th August.
The Vine House Café, gift shop and plant sales area may be visited without paying entry to the garden.
Admission – please ensure you book your visit in advance
- Adult £8.00 (£9.00 with Gift Aid)
- Children under 16 – Free
- RHS members visiting on a Wednesday – Free entry to individual members only. For joint memberships, free entry applies to 1st member only. For more information about RHS partner gardens please visit the RHS website.
- Gardeners’ World 2 for 1 and CPRE 2 for 1 passes valid at the garden. Please pre-book accompanying ticket.
- Resident’s passes holders have free entry to the garden. Passes cost £10 for 12 months and can be purchased from the garden kiosk. These passes can be purchased by anyone living within 6 miles of Helmsley.
To guarantee entry to the garden please ensure that you pre- book your ticket.
Please note – the following visitors do not need to book in advance:
- Unaccompanied RHS member visitors when visiting for free on a Wednesday only
- Valid Residents Pass holders/Friends and Friends for Life pass holders.
- Children under 16
Pre-booked visitors are asked to display their booking confirmation on arrival at the garden.
Tickets can be booked up to four weeks in advance of your visit. Please select a day and complete the booking process. You will receive an email with your booking confirmation and also a QR code to your smart phone if you have one.
If you can’t make your visit
If you can’t make your pre-booked slot we may be able to cancel it – please email [email protected], for details and include your booking reference.
There are three parking spaces for Blue Badge holders displaying their badges outside the main gate. All other parking is in the Cleveland Way Car Park a short walk away. Please contact us if you need to book a Blue Badge parking space.
Getting to the Garden
By car, motorbike or bicycle – If you are driving to the Garden, try the AA Journey planner.
Car parking is in the Cleveland Way long stay car park. Once parked and looking at the castle the garden is a short walk along the path to the right and through the overflow car park.
By bus – the EYMS Bus route 128 runs from Scarborough and Pickering to Helmsley and the Reliance 31X from York to Kirkbymoorside via Helmsley.
Walkers on The Cleveland Way will find the garden just on their left as they leave Helmsley heading for Rievaulx Abbey. Why not take an hour or so out of your walk to come and visit us.