Our Garden is closed from 23rd December 2023 until 29th February 2024
We will re-open on the 1st March, Wednesday to Sunday, 10am until 3pm.
From April to October:
The Garden and Garden shop are open every Wednesday to Sunday 10am until 5pm. Please note that last entry to the garden is at 4pm and our garden shop closes at 4.45pm. All visitors must have vacated the garden by 5pm.
In November, December and March we operate winter opening times:
The Garden and Garden Shop are open every Wednesday to Sunday, 10am until 3pm.
The Vine House Café serves lunches between 11 and 3pm Tuesday – Sunday.
The Vine House Café, gift shop and plant sales area may be visited without paying entry to the garden.
Dogs on leads are welcome through-out our spaces.
- Adults day ticket – £10.00 (£11.00 inc. Gift Aid). Single Entry.
- Adults Annual Pass – £15 online. £16 on the door. Unlimited entry for 12 months during opening hours
- Children under 16 – Free
- RHS members visiting on a Wednesday – Free entry to individual members only. For joint memberships, free entry applies to 1st member only. For more information about RHS partner gardens please visit the RHS website. RHS member cards must be shown
- Gardeners’ World 2 for 1 and CPRE 2 for 1 passes valid at the garden every Friday. 2 for 1 offers are only valid for day passes and are not valid on event days. Please see our What’s On page for details on event day dates. Passes must be shown
- Residents passes can be be purchased by anyone living within a 6 mile radius of Helmsley. The pass gives you unlimited access to the garden for 12 months during opening hours and costs £10. Passes can be purchased at the kiosk – please bring residential ID.
- Carers accompanying a disabled person do not need to purchase a ticket.
We strongly encourage you to book your tickets online as this will significantly improve your time to queue.
We have three Blue Badge parking spaces in front of the garden entrance. These must be booked 24 hours in advance. Visitors will need to arrive at 10am or 1pm to take up the parking space.
For all other requirements, there is parking available at Cleveland Way Car Park, a short distance away, and in Helmsley town centre.
Getting to the Garden
If you are on foot coming from the town square, cross Market Place and walk past All Saints Church. Turn right into Church Street and cross the road. The next left turn is Cleveland Way. Turn there and make your way across the car park to a footpath. Signs along the footpath direct you to Helmsley Walled garden.
Car parking is in the Cleveland Way long stay car park. Once parked and looking at the castle the garden is a short walk along the path to the right and through the overflow car park.
By bus – the EYMS Bus route 128 runs from Scarborough and Pickering to Helmsley (Scarborough and Pickering to Helmsley timetable) and the Reliance 31x from York to Kirkbymoorside via Helmsley (York to Kirkbymoorside via Helmsley timetable) In summer The Moors Bus has several routes that run through Helmsley (timetable).
Walkers on The Cleveland Way will find the garden just on their left as they leave Helmsley heading for Rievaulx Abbey. Why not take an hour or so out of your walk to come and visit us.