Become a friend
Become a Friend of Helmsley Walled Garden
By helping to care for the garden and connect people with the benefits of gardening, your support will make a difference every day. We are a charity and your support is enormously important to us.
What we do
- We work to continue the restoration and development of this very special and historic walled garden.
- We know that gardening benefits our wellbeing in many ways. There are particular benefits for some adults – for example people in the early stages of dementia, those with learning or some types of physical disability or who are experiencing social isolation or a loss of confidence – can find their lives improved enormously by volunteering with our team.
- We help to improve the health and well-being of our local community through volunteering, teaching horticultural skills and the shared experience of the development of a deeply loved and respected community resource.
How your support helps
By supporting us you are helping us to
- Create new planting areas for all to enjoy,
- Buy vital garden tools for our staff and volunteers to use,
- Develop more opportunities for therapeutic horticulture,
- Maintain and develop the garden and its buildings.
In doing all this you’re helping to inspire all our visitors to enjoy their time in this special garden.
The benefits of being a Friend
- Unlimited entry to the Garden throughout the season.
- Regular news updates with our e-newsletter.
- 10% off purchases in the Plant Centre and Gift Shop.
Becoming a Garden Friend for Life
Our life friends join us with a minimum donation of £200 for one person or £300 for two.
Life Friends enjoy the same benefits as our Garden Friends but will also be invited to an annual event in the garden – an evening to meet our trustees and our staff and find out a little more about our plans for the future.