Your safety when visiting
We highly recommend that you book your visit in advance especially at busier times such as weekends and bank holidays. We have not had to limit visitor numbers to the garden in the past however if we do become very busy and need to limit numbers, you will guarantee admittance by pre-booking.
Please note, the following visitors do not need to book in advance:
- RHS members visiting on a Wednesday – Free entry to individual members only. For joint memberships, free entry applies to 1st member only. For more information about RHS partner gardens please visit the RHS website.
RHS members will need to book to visit the garden during the rest of the week.
- Valid Residents Pass holders/Friends and Friends for Life pass holders
- Children under 16
Pre-booked visitors are asked to display their booking confirmation on arrival at the garden.
Precautions against Covid at Helmsley Walled Garden
Helmsley Walled Garden and the Vine House Café are committed to ensuring the safety and welfare of its staff, volunteers and visitors. We are therefore recommending that visitors continue to wear masks inside The Garden Shop, the Orchid House and when ordering in The Vine House Café. We are maintaining our hand sanitisers outside the shop and our toilets are cleaned regularly.
We are continuing to monitor the numbers of visitors to our garden. Please respect others by keeping your distance and we thank you for your cooperation.
Please contact our garden manager, [email protected] if you have any queries or concerns about precautions at the garden.
To maintain accessibility for all our visitors we have:
- Maintained full accessibility across the garden, gift shop and garden plants sale area
- A limited number wheelchairs are available. To book, please email [email protected] preferably with 24 hours’ notice
- Members of staff on hand to bring you a wheelchair to use while you wait
- Limited parking for blue badge holders at the garden entrance – please book in advance by contacting us
- Accessible toilet facilities available at the garden entrance
Please note: If you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms associated with Coronavirus (Covid-19) do not come to the garden.
How to cancel your booking
If you are unable to visit the garden on the day you’ve booked, please email [email protected], with your booking reference for information on how to cancel your booking.