Your safety when visiting
We highly recommend that you book your visit in advance especially at busier times such as weekends and bank holidays. We have not had to limit visitor numbers to the garden in the past however if we do become very busy and need to limit numbers, you will guarantee admittance by pre-booking.
Please note, the following visitors do not need to book in advance:
- RHS member visitors (free admission Wednesday only)
- Valid Residents Pass holders/Friends and Friends for Life pass holders.
- Children under 16
Pre-booked visitors are asked to display their booking confirmation on arrival at the garden.
The health and safety of all our visitors and staff remains our top priority. We ask that all our visitors familiarise themselves with the latest Government advice about covid 19 restrictions and follow these measures:
- All visitors are required to wear face coverings in any buildings or enclosed spaces, unless they are exempt under Government guidance,
- Wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds,
- Maintain social distancing of at least 2 metres from people outside of your household.
To help keep our visitors and staff safe and maintain social distancing the following measures have been implemented:
- Separate entry and exit points to the garden,
- Screens at welcome desks and checkouts,
- Hand sanitiser available to staff and visitors at strategic points,
- Card transactions only – no cash payments please,
- Toilets available at the garden entrance and in the garden,
To maintain accessibility for all our visitors we have:
- Maintained full accessibility across the garden, gift shop and garden plants sale area
- A limited number wheelchairs are available. To book, please email [email protected] preferably with 24 hours’ notice
- Members of staff on hand to bring you a wheelchair to use while you wait
- Limited parking for blue badge holders at the garden entrance – to book contact us
- Accessible toilet facilities available at the garden entrance
Please note: If you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms associated with Coronavirus (Covid-19) do not come to the garden.
How to cancel your booking
If you are unable to visit the garden on the day you’ve booked, please email [email protected], with your booking reference for information on how to cancel your booking.