Four seasons of herbal remedies – Spring
The use of herbs as natural remedies is as old as time. Our understanding of their therapeutic properties has expanded across centuries and continents, yet our fascination with them remains.
Join Meghan Rhodes, qualified herbal medicine practitioner and founder of Rhodes Roots & Remedies, on a full day workshop as she guides you through a multisensory experience of seasonal herbs and remedy making.
We’ll explore the therapeutic properties of a selection of herbs through three traditional hands-on methods:
- Organoleptics – Like learning the skill of wine tasting, this is a fascinating process of understanding a herb’s medicinal properties through the senses of taste and smell.
- The Doctrine of Signatures – We’ll venture into Helmsley’s beautiful physic garden to explore herbs as the Ancient Greeks did, by using the senses of sight and touch to tease out affinities different plants have to various aspects of our wellbeing.
- In the Apothecary – Step into the world of mortars and pestles, tinctures and salves, as we create a herbal remedy together for you to take with you at the end of the day.
- One season – £120
- Two seasons – £240
- Three seasons – £345 – SAVE £15
- All four seasons – £395 – SAVE £85
- Spring – Saturday, 27th April 10am – 4pm
- Summer – Saturday, 13th July 10am – 4pm
- Autumn – Saturday, 28th Sept 10am – 4pm
- Winter – Saturday, 30th Nov 10am – 4pm
We’ll also discuss the history of herbal medicine, alongside plenty of time for Q&A throughout.
On the day, you’ll receive a course booklet that contains plant profiles of the herbs we cover and step by step instructions for the remedies we make.
‘The seasonal workshops are a brilliant introduction for anyone interested in herbs, herbalism and medicinal plants. The workshop exceeded all of my expectations – so much so, I booked the on to the next one there and then! Meghan is so knowledgeable, approachable and informed in all things. The workshop is also a very hands-on experience. I loved every minute and can’t wait for the next one. The setting is beautiful too. I would whole heartedly recommend for anyone considering.’ ~ Melanie
This workshop is one of a series of four taking place each season at the stunning Helmsley Walled Garden. Each workshop can be taken on its own or in combination with any or all of the other seasons. There is a significant savings for booking all four seasons for 2024 in advance, so do be sure to choose your preferred ticket option on booking.
Herbalism workshops make a unique gift – simply choose the gift option and enter the recipient’s details as instructed at check out.
Course dates on offer in 2024 include:
N.B. All information reviewed in this course is based on traditional uses and practices for personal use and is not in any way intended to provide medical advice or substitute for diagnosis or prescriptions from medical practitioners.
Terms & Conditions: Workshops are not transferrable to other dates or persons. If unable to attend, a request for refund must be submitted no later than two weeks before the event date, at which point a full refund will be issued if a single season has been purchased or pro-rata refund against the purchase price will be issued if multiple seasons have been purchased.